Three types of papers are acceptable for consideration: refereed, work-in-progress, and special session/panel papers. There will be a doctoral research symposium in the afternoon of Monday, June 11, 2018, for which we only require a five-page abstract. Doctoral research symposium proposals must be submitted to Dr. Barry Unger at Boston University, E-mail: email@example.com by May 1st, 2018. All other submissions must adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you wish to have your paper reviewed for the award winning refereed Congress proceedings, submit an electronic copy of your complete manuscript, not exceeding 25 pages double and 8 pages single-spaced, to only one track co-chair on or before March 31st, 2018, though earlier submissions are strongly encouraged. Please cc your submission to Dr. Talha D. Harcar – Congress Administrative Director in the United States at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Papers will be reviewed and final decisions will be communicated no later than May 1st, 2018. Revisions should be expected. Final manuscripts, in required format with changes consistent with requested revisions, must be received by Dr. Talha D. Harcar by May 15th, 2018 at the latest. If submitted late or published guidelines are not followed, submission cannot be included in the congress proceedings.
- Submit an electronic copy of an abstract of works in-progress of one page by March 31st, 2018. These documents will be published in the congress proceedings provided that style guidelines are followed and references provided. They will also be included in the Congress program. Submit your appropriate congress registration fee and completed registration form along with the abstract. Abstracts must be submitted either to Dr. Erdener Kaynak at email@example.com or to Dr. Talha D. Harcar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receipt of all electronic submissions will be acknowledged as soon as received. If you do not hear from the track co-chair within one week of your paper submission, please contact Dr. Talha D. Harcar at once via email@example.com. On a separate page, please provide the title of your paper, your full address, telephone and e mail numbers clearly written. If there are multiple authors, this information is to be provided by all authors. We will include this information in IMDA data bank and you will also receive complimentary copies of one of the Association’s quarterly Journals- Journal of Transnational Management or Journal of Euromarketing.
- Complete the attached congress registration form and send it to the Executive Vice-President and Director in Pennsylvania, USA address as soon as possible no later than May 1st, 2018. If your paper is not accepted either for presentation or publication in the congress proceedings, your registration fee will be refunded to you immediately.
- Each registered delegate is entitled to have a maximum of two accepted manuscripts included in the Congress proceedings and/or program. In the event of more than two papers being accepted, the participant must inform Dr. Talha D Harcar of the titles of the two papers to be included in the proceedings or program. Otherwise, the selection decision will be made by the Congress organizers.
- Manuscript submissions should include a separate title page on each copy, listing all authors, their affiliations, addresses, telephone numbers and e mail addresses, if available. For papers with multiple authors, indicate the author with whom we should correspond. List only the manuscript title in the main body of the paper, abstract, or proposal to allow for blind review.
- The final copy of manuscripts to be published in the Congress proceedings may not exceed 8 pages, single-spaced, 10-point font, including tables, figures, and references. All of the references cited in the body of the paper must be presented under references at the end of the paper. There will be an extra page charge of US$25 per page which must be sent along with the final camera-ready version of the manuscript. There are no exceptions to this rule. Manuscripts that do not conform to the guidelines or do not include extra-page charges where applicable will not be published. In the counting of the number of pages, IMDA executives make use of 8 ½ by 11 page size, not that of A4 size.
- International Management Development Association is a not-for-profit professional organization. As such, it does not provide any funding for travel, accommodation, and congress registration. Such requests will not be responded. The Association can only provide visa support letters to those individuals whose papers are accepted and included in the Congress program and they should pay the appropriate congress registration fees in advance. All other requests are not acceptable.